Friday, April 8, 2022

A Window into Activist World

There's a poster in the window of the Bainbridge Island Art Museum, just up the street from the ferry dock. This poster says:

#TAKE CARE OF

MUSLIM
BLACK
WOMEN
QUEER
LATINX
NATIVE
IMMIGRANT
P.O.C.
TRANS
DISABLED
L.G.B.T.Q.+
LOW INCOME
ACTIVIST
REFUGEE
UNDOCUMENTED
INCARCERATED

FRIENDS, FAMILY & COMMUNITY

Now, let's unpack this, because there seems to be a victim hierarchy here.

Sex/Gender: 5
Immigrants: 3
Race: 3
Religion: 1
Upper-class: 1

Well, you can see who is really important in Activist America: the various flavors of upper-class sex and gender creativity.

And think about the travails and the discrimination suffered by the humble upper-class activist working away for nothing at some Soros-funded NGO!

Let's see who is missing from this list. First of all, The Jews! Then, of course, the Homeless. You know what: I'm a bit surprised about that. Then, naturally there is no mention of bitter clingers, presently dying of despair from various opioid addictions, armed insurrectionists, and all the rest of the unmentionables.

You know, I'm afraid that I find this amusing, for it confirms what I believe, that our friends in the Activist Community have no room for any reality other than their activism.

I suppose that, for every victim on the list, there is a vitally important "intransigent minority" activist group that lives for its saving truth and spends every hour of every day fighting for justice.

Yes. I imagine that there must even be an NGO out there fighting fearlessly for the rights of Activists!

But really, what happened to good old religion?

No comments:

Post a Comment