Conservative social-media stars are shocked, shocked that their Twitter follower counts are suddenly increasing in the days after Elon Musk bought the store.
Donald Trump Jr. led the way in questioning the giant spike, which saw him gain 87,296 new followers by Tuesday — and another 119,022 by Wednesday morning, after weeks of averaging roughly 7,000 per day.
And FoxNews chappie Tucker Carlson is all-of-a-sudden not "banned" any more. And he gained 141,000 followers all-of-a-sudden.
I know some people are suspecting a deep dark conspiracy. But I just think that the content moderators at Twitter are just ordinary corporate drones. If the boss -- like Vijaya Gadde -- says cancel conservatives, then they will do her bidding.
But if the boss bursts into tears. Well, that's a signal. For something. Only, being a man, I don't understand "women's tears."
According to POLITICO, Gadde got teary-eyed on Monday when discussing Elon Musk's takeover of Twitter.
Know what, Vijaya honey. You need to realize that Musk buying Twitter is not quite the same as the death of a beloved pet.
It gets worse.
Twitter employees have reportedly struggled with the news that the company is on the verge of being acquired by Tesla CEO Elon Musk with some of them too "shocked" to speak over the billionaire’s plans to promote freedom of speech.
Oh, I wouldn't worry, Twitterers. I'm sure you'll get used to the new rules. Just as you were quite happy shadow-banning and suspending and banning conservative users in the past, I'm sure that you will get the same frisson from banning the odd AntiFa mostly peaceful protester when they really get off the reservation and doxx Andy NgĂ´ for the 45th time..
But I think that we conservatives need to turn over a new leaf when it comes to sneering at the "literally knows nothing" tweets of our liberal friends. I suggest that we never go sharper than the ancient put-down used by Southern women:
Bless her heart.
Although, of course, next time the world turns, I dare say that "bless" will be considered religious bigotry; "her" will be consider cis-het hate speech; and "heart" will be considered... well, I know not what it will be, but it will be something hateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment