Last week I wrote generally about "How Do You Change the Future?"
How? Well, you wait for disaster. You wait for climate change policies to wreck the economy, for the entitlement programs to fail even worse. For the racist-sexist-homophobe pejoratives to make people angry.
But that is all pie in the sky.
Now we are going to see how it works "on the ground."
Because right now we are seeing the collapse of the climate change narrative because the Russian invasion of Ukraine is upending the global energy market and causing gas and oil prices in the US to double. Yes, climatistas, no doubt the world will come to an end with a 1.5 degree Celsius increase in global temperatures in a century or so. Meanwhile, what about the contractor using gasoline for his truck that he uses in his construction business?
Because right now we are seeing general inflation in the economy because of the Federal Reserve's money printing and the government's COVID handouts.
Because right now ordinary Americans get to see how lefty peaceful protesters and lower-class criminals get released on bond -- or even no bond -- prior to trial, but January 6 protesters are held in solitary confinement for months.
And today I was reading that Democratic donors are shifting from contributing to congressional races in 2022 to contributing to Democratic governor races. They figure that Congress in 2022 is a lost cause, but they have to hang onto some governorships.
“My entire donating life has always been centered around Congress, but I really think that if you care about democracy, you need to worry about these governors’ races,” said Steve Elmendorf, a Democratic donor and lobbyist. “This is critical for us to win in 2024.”
Oh no! Democracy! I wonder what "democracy" means to a lobbyist.
I was re-reading about how in 1934 -- just in time for the mid-terms -- the FDR administration went after businessmen. They sicced the Justice Department on businessman and electric utility magnate Samuel Insull. And kept going after former Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon on federal income tax avoidance charges: again and again, even after he was dead. Gosh, those New Dealers sure were nice guys. And by frightening all the businessmen, I'm sure they really helped get the economy back on its feet.
I wonder if the next GOP president will go after the Dem grifters and cancel culturists and wokeys and teach them a lesson?
Actually, I hope not. Because if the ordinary middle class is going to be setting the political agenda in the future, I hope that the ordinary middle class is not interested in revenge and retribution. The ordinary middle class is not that interested in power. Unlike our liberal friends, for whom politics is life.
But it is interesting to wonder how the leaders of the ordinary middle class will treat the rest of America, if they get the power. I hope that they behave better than our liberal friends have behaved over the last century.
But maybe not. Because there is no politics without an enemy: that's what Nazi Carl Schmitt says, and I believe him. And, really, what do you do to an enemy? At the very least, you teach them a lesson. If you are a Democrat, you sue them and impeach them and harass their aides and supporters. If you are a Commie you send them to the camps.
I hope that we can be better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment