Friday, October 29, 2021

The Spendapaloosa and the Fools Promoting It

Because my very own congresscritter Pramila Jayapal is Chair-something-or-other of the House Progressive Caucus I feel I have some responsibility for the utter folly of the current spendapalooza that the Democrats are trying to pass in Congress.

By the way, do you think that, having failed to pass the House this week, the spendapalooza will pass next week after the results of the governor's races in Virginia and New Jersey?

Here is helpless oppressed peoples Jayapal talking about caste back in the day:

And so I remember hearing about caste through that, and the Nayars were always considered, they were the advisors to the king on financial affairs and business affairs. And so we weren't in the top two...

OK, so she isn't a priestly Brahmin; she isn't a warrior Kshatriya, but hey, we're Number Three: valuable advisors to kings and potentates! Enjoying the benefits of systemic caste-ism for a couple thousand years! And we certainly aren't those eeeuw Dalits. Actually, I get it. Back in the day, we now know, you high-caste chapettes had a good reason to want to avoid pollution from the shit-carriers. Because germs!

Listen, I'm just a low-caste nobody; my grandfathers were low-caste small businessmen, not the noble Stiltstockings advising kings and potentates in the Circumlocution Office. I have to admit it: my ancestors were not quite out of the top drawer, old chap. One great-grandfather was a dairyman, and another was a "maltster," a guy making sugar from grain. 

So I don't know nuttin'. But I don't get what genius decided that with a 50-50 Senate and a 222-213 House that he/she/xir had a mandate to crank the welfare state into the stratosphere.

I mean I guess why I understand why the girls think that, Jayapal, AOC, Omar, Tlaib. And hey, there's about 100 of these folks in the Progressive Caucus. And I suppose if they spend their whole days talking to each other they might not, as Susan Sowerby says in The Secret Garden, have figured out that they don't get the whole orange.

But whatabout the adults in the room? Nancy! I'm talking to you, girl!

Look, I don't suppose we can expect our noble elected officials to remember what went down in the 70s, how the glorious promise of Keynesian economics, that you should spend your way out of anything, didn't quite work out. But just about everyone was around in 2009 in the aftermath of the 2008 Housing Credit Crisis, and rather notably it was obvious that the money spent on Democratic supporters by the Obama administration didn't really pan out.

I'd say the lesson of the Obama years is that it set us up for Trump. So what's the lesson from that, dear progressives? Maybe to cool your jets and slow down a bit? Else maybe the American people will put you chaps out of power for a generation?

But, of course, The Girls don't understand that. The Girls -- Jayapal, AOC, Omar, Tlaib and Co. -- only know they have a moral imperative to bend the arc of history towards justice, because that's what they have been carefully taught in schools and the whole secular religious activism culture ever since they were little babies.

OK. I'll stop ranting.

Fact is, I believe, we are soon going to enter a new age in which the best and brightest will understand that using government, the agent of blunt force and violence, is not really the right tool to use in the exquisite work of negotiating the social issues of humans living in society.

Or, let's put it more crudely. How do we humans help the helpless in our society without using force? Force is one thing when you are dealing with Nazis or robbers or frauds. But educating children? By force? Caring for the elderly? By force? Helping economic dropouts? With government handouts?

There's got to be a better way for humans to look after the people that need looking after than by appointing the guys that used to be the brave warriors defending against Vikings and Huns and Mongols to do the job.

Thank you for asking. Because I do know what we need to do. We need to engage the women's Culture of Kindness and its doppelganger, the women's Culture of Complaint, in this task. That's what women are good at. And they should be doing that, using their natural instincts to care and nurture -- and also name and shame -- instead of wrecking corporate HR and imagining in the Progressive Caucus that the answer to all our problems is free college and more money for day-care workers -- by force. Just so mothers can go out to work and have careers.

How's that women-going-out-and-having-careers-just-like-men working out, cupcake?

No comments:

Post a Comment