Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Open Letter and Questionnaire to Sens. Murray and Cantwell

Dear Senators Murray and Cantwell:

As a concerned citizen of the State of Washington I am confused. On the one hand my Democratic friends and neighbors seem to be copacetic with riots organized and performed by left-wing groups like BLM and AntiFa. On the other hand they seem be deeply threatened by riots organized by right-wing groups like Proud Boys.

Of course in these difficult times, it is not surprising that educated and evolved people feel threatened. Who knows what collusions with the Russians to disrupt the congressional elections in 2022 -- in which I dare say that you, Sen. Murray, will once again offer yourself to the voters of Washington -- are even now in the planning stage?

Now, in the last week we have experienced a United States Senator being the target of left-wing activists over the issue of normalization of status for so-called Dreamers. But we also have the phenomenon of angry parents attending school-board meetings to protest the teaching of "critical race theory" to their children in our public schools.

Now, I read, the Attorney General of the United States has directed the FBI to investigate the parents that have threatened school board members. I am bound to say that I have not heard of any federal investigation of the LUCHA activists that protested Sen. Sinema.

I have not heard any reaction from you two faithful Senators to this developing situation. I wonder what your take is? Do you find it concerning that female United States Senator Sinema was followed by protesters into a bathroom and photographed? And what about the parents that protested outside the home of a female school-board member Shirley Brown in Sarasota County, Florida?

Of course, I am sure that your take on these matters is extremely wise and nuanced. But maybe your staffers take a different line.

Would you please submit the following questionnaire to each of your staffers, which asks them to indicate their take on the two recent protests, and return the results to me. I would appreciate getting your responses by October 15, 2021.

Questionnaire

Q: What is your closest reaction to the recent protests involving Senator Sinema (R-AZ) and immigration activists from LUCHA? Please mark an X against the response that most nearly approximates your own view.

In my opinion
protesters are:
Mark X
in box
Dedicated Activists
Peaceful Protesters
Angry and justified
Mostly Peaceful Protesters
Dupes of George Soros
Far-left extremists
Racist bigots
Violent rioters
Domestic terrorists
Armed insurrectionists
Attempted assassins

Q: What is your closest reaction to the recent protests involving Shirley Brown of the Sarasota Country School Board and anti-CRT parents? Please mark an X against the response that most nearly approximates your own view.

In my opinion
protesters are:
Mark X
in box
Dedicated Activists
Peaceful Protesters
Angry and justified
Mostly Peaceful Protesters
Dupes of Donald Trump
Far-right extremists
Racist bigots
Violent rioters
Domestic terrorists
Armed insurrectionists
Attempted assassins

Please call an all-hands meeting of your staffers and aides and direct them to fill in the questionnaire not later than Friday October 8, 2021 and email the results to me at chrischantrill at gmail dot com by October 15, 2021.

In these trying times, please make sure to keep safe so you both can continue to serve the people of the State of Washington.

Sincerely,

Christopher Chantrill

No comments:

Post a Comment