Did you notice the interesting thing about last week? President Trump said as how he and President Xi were working together beautifully to deal with the corona virus issue.
But with Democrats it is war.
What is going on here? Well, I'd say, crossing the Churchillian "in victory, magnanimity; in defeat, defiance" with Trump's corporate win-win culture, that with China, Trump has won and so he is showing the Chinese that the United States is not a fearless competitor tussling for world domination, but a win-win benevolent partner that they should learn to trust.
But with the Dems, they have not yet cried Uncle, as the Chinese did on trade. So Trump has not yet reached the point where he has reached victory, and the point where he can switch his strategy to magnanimity, and proceed to a win-win partnership.
So it is still war to the knife with the Democrats. And if you didn't believe that then, after Speaker Nancy's behavior at the State of the Union speech, you certainly believe it now.
Actually, according to folks like J.T. Young at the American Spectator, the top Democrats have a problem. If they don't harass and impeach and investigate Trump at every turn then the lefty activists will primary the more centrist officeholders and pitch the centrists out of office.
And the lefty activists won't learn their lessons, at the earliest, until Trump wins big in November and the GOP wins back the House and maybe not even then.
I know this because I was there in the 70s, in the aftermath of the the Sixties lefty lunge, I know that it takes a while for our lefty friends to get the message. In the aftermath of the Sixties it took two Nixon wins and two Reagan wins and a Bush win before the Dems cried Uncle and decided that, with Bill Clinton, they were New Democrats and centrists after all. And so they won. And then Obama ran as a moderate and the First Black President. And then, under the radar, he hired platoons of lefty activists to run his administation.
Yeah. I blame Obama for lurching the Dems to the left.
And I get it. The educated Gentry class obtains Meaning from its faith tradition of Salvation through Politics. Gentry virtue issues from political action to help the vicitms. Used to be social legislation to help the workers. Now it is diversity and inclusion to counter a society that is institutionally racist and therefore, according to Elizabeth Warren, needs "race-conscious" laws to end the racism. Race-conscious laws so we Gentry can feel good about ourselves and develop meaning from our political activism.
I think that this is horrible. I call it a Great Reaction, going back to the past and its hierarchical political system. Whereas the new order is what Jordan Peterson might call a competence hierarchy.
I say that the modern era celebrates creativity, in which we create the future with our human ingenuity rather than just living in God's creation and God's law.
But how? Our Gentry elite thinks that creativity means more inventive ways to "help" the poor and the marginalized -- and not so incidentally wallow in power and privilege as a reward.
I think they are wrong. I think that creativity means the Hero's Journey of Joseph Campbell and the Sacrificial Hero that gives his life that others may live. In other words, the creative individual does not go out in the world like Lady Bountiful and distribute goodies, and then go home and feel good about herself. Because social justice. The life of the creative is a life of hardship, of a harrowing journey into the underworld of the unconscious, a journey from which few return to tell the tale.
But I don't think we can expect our lefty and Gentry friends to get this. Not for an eternity of winters.
And I think that the real scandal of Gentry creativity and self-congratulation is that it has notably harmed the recipients.
The reason that the working class crashed in the post-Sixties world is that the Gentry taught it to sit around as recipients of social insurance and worker benefits instead of becoming competent Commoners in the constant creative destruction of the modern market economy.
And the reason that marriage and children-within-marriage has crashed with the poor, blacks, and whites and everything in-between, is that the government social welfare system requires people to be victims in order to get in on the loot. Whereas, in the 19th century, workers and Commoners ran their own social welfare organizations, that we now call mutual-benefit societies -- like the Masons, the Elks, the Odd Fellows.
And the reason that the simple non-racism of the Civil Rights laws of the 1960s transformed into the monstrous fact of today's "race-conscious" diversity and inclusion is that a simple ban on government racial discrimination doesn't have any Meaning for secular-religious activists in the Gentry.
I mean: where is the power, the glory in a simple law that says that government can't discriminate on the basis of race?
For the only way that well-born gentry scions know to have a meaningful life is through political activism. Poor things.
But hey. All I can say is that if it weren't for Trump, we'd have to invent him.
Because someone has to teach our lefty Gentry that the way to salvation is not through political activism but through the way of the Sacrificial Hero.
Just don't expect any result on the Sacrifical Hero front any time soon. These Gentry folk are not that smart. They are going to have to learn their lesson and learn it again. And then have the lesson rammed down their throats.
It's a shame, because until they learn their lesson, millions are going to suffer, in consequence of the disasters that the Gentry creates and the "unanticipated consequences"of their conceits.
But with Democrats it is war.
What is going on here? Well, I'd say, crossing the Churchillian "in victory, magnanimity; in defeat, defiance" with Trump's corporate win-win culture, that with China, Trump has won and so he is showing the Chinese that the United States is not a fearless competitor tussling for world domination, but a win-win benevolent partner that they should learn to trust.
But with the Dems, they have not yet cried Uncle, as the Chinese did on trade. So Trump has not yet reached the point where he has reached victory, and the point where he can switch his strategy to magnanimity, and proceed to a win-win partnership.
So it is still war to the knife with the Democrats. And if you didn't believe that then, after Speaker Nancy's behavior at the State of the Union speech, you certainly believe it now.
Actually, according to folks like J.T. Young at the American Spectator, the top Democrats have a problem. If they don't harass and impeach and investigate Trump at every turn then the lefty activists will primary the more centrist officeholders and pitch the centrists out of office.
And the lefty activists won't learn their lessons, at the earliest, until Trump wins big in November and the GOP wins back the House and maybe not even then.
I know this because I was there in the 70s, in the aftermath of the the Sixties lefty lunge, I know that it takes a while for our lefty friends to get the message. In the aftermath of the Sixties it took two Nixon wins and two Reagan wins and a Bush win before the Dems cried Uncle and decided that, with Bill Clinton, they were New Democrats and centrists after all. And so they won. And then Obama ran as a moderate and the First Black President. And then, under the radar, he hired platoons of lefty activists to run his administation.
Yeah. I blame Obama for lurching the Dems to the left.
And I get it. The educated Gentry class obtains Meaning from its faith tradition of Salvation through Politics. Gentry virtue issues from political action to help the vicitms. Used to be social legislation to help the workers. Now it is diversity and inclusion to counter a society that is institutionally racist and therefore, according to Elizabeth Warren, needs "race-conscious" laws to end the racism. Race-conscious laws so we Gentry can feel good about ourselves and develop meaning from our political activism.
I think that this is horrible. I call it a Great Reaction, going back to the past and its hierarchical political system. Whereas the new order is what Jordan Peterson might call a competence hierarchy.
I say that the modern era celebrates creativity, in which we create the future with our human ingenuity rather than just living in God's creation and God's law.
But how? Our Gentry elite thinks that creativity means more inventive ways to "help" the poor and the marginalized -- and not so incidentally wallow in power and privilege as a reward.
I think they are wrong. I think that creativity means the Hero's Journey of Joseph Campbell and the Sacrificial Hero that gives his life that others may live. In other words, the creative individual does not go out in the world like Lady Bountiful and distribute goodies, and then go home and feel good about herself. Because social justice. The life of the creative is a life of hardship, of a harrowing journey into the underworld of the unconscious, a journey from which few return to tell the tale.
But I don't think we can expect our lefty and Gentry friends to get this. Not for an eternity of winters.
And I think that the real scandal of Gentry creativity and self-congratulation is that it has notably harmed the recipients.
The reason that the working class crashed in the post-Sixties world is that the Gentry taught it to sit around as recipients of social insurance and worker benefits instead of becoming competent Commoners in the constant creative destruction of the modern market economy.
And the reason that marriage and children-within-marriage has crashed with the poor, blacks, and whites and everything in-between, is that the government social welfare system requires people to be victims in order to get in on the loot. Whereas, in the 19th century, workers and Commoners ran their own social welfare organizations, that we now call mutual-benefit societies -- like the Masons, the Elks, the Odd Fellows.
And the reason that the simple non-racism of the Civil Rights laws of the 1960s transformed into the monstrous fact of today's "race-conscious" diversity and inclusion is that a simple ban on government racial discrimination doesn't have any Meaning for secular-religious activists in the Gentry.
I mean: where is the power, the glory in a simple law that says that government can't discriminate on the basis of race?
For the only way that well-born gentry scions know to have a meaningful life is through political activism. Poor things.
But hey. All I can say is that if it weren't for Trump, we'd have to invent him.
Because someone has to teach our lefty Gentry that the way to salvation is not through political activism but through the way of the Sacrificial Hero.
Just don't expect any result on the Sacrifical Hero front any time soon. These Gentry folk are not that smart. They are going to have to learn their lesson and learn it again. And then have the lesson rammed down their throats.
It's a shame, because until they learn their lesson, millions are going to suffer, in consequence of the disasters that the Gentry creates and the "unanticipated consequences"of their conceits.
No comments:
Post a Comment