It looks like all the usual suspects are panicking, as usual. And none more so than your regular Democratic operatives with bylines in the media. (Imagine! Wikipedia actually has that!)
OK. So I panicked for a moment. But then I thought, hey, we gotta fight this battle sooner or later. And really what better with a moonbat like Bernie Sanders going up against a street-fighter like Donald Trump?
I was to yoga this morning and what do you think? Jim the yoga teacher was all embarrassed about President Trump mispronouncing the name of the guy that brought yoga to the West. Well, I doubt if the 100,000 Indians at the cricket stadium -- what? there's a 100,000 seat cricket stadium? -- were too worried about that! Turning the tables, I think that there is something charming about furriners trying to pronounce Anglo-Saxon names. But at least they tried!
But notice what my liberal yoga pal did not talk about. Bernie. Oh, last week, before the Mike the Tyke debate rout and the Nevada rout, he was mumbling about Bloomberg or something.
Here are a few Good Things about a possible Bernie nomination:
Shall we rehearse my anti-socialist notions, just for fun? First there are the Four Laws.
Do you think that is enough? No. I think we need to mention the Great Reaction, the mad reactionary enthusiasm among lefties for the old days.
It all comes down to this, my US Politics in Four Lessons:
OK. So I panicked for a moment. But then I thought, hey, we gotta fight this battle sooner or later. And really what better with a moonbat like Bernie Sanders going up against a street-fighter like Donald Trump?
I was to yoga this morning and what do you think? Jim the yoga teacher was all embarrassed about President Trump mispronouncing the name of the guy that brought yoga to the West. Well, I doubt if the 100,000 Indians at the cricket stadium -- what? there's a 100,000 seat cricket stadium? -- were too worried about that! Turning the tables, I think that there is something charming about furriners trying to pronounce Anglo-Saxon names. But at least they tried!
But notice what my liberal yoga pal did not talk about. Bernie. Oh, last week, before the Mike the Tyke debate rout and the Nevada rout, he was mumbling about Bloomberg or something.
Here are a few Good Things about a possible Bernie nomination:
- It would teach all those nice suburban women a lesson. You girls ready for Bernie to take your health insurance away? Your SUV? Make higher education free so that your professional income can't compete against bright students with less money than you?
- It would teach those twentysomething kids a lesson. Yeah kids! Americans don't like socialism. So why don't you grow up!
- It would give America's gun owners a reason to show up and vote.
- It would make it harder for nice moderate Democrats to win in nice moderate suburban districts. Remember how all those nice moderate candidates in 2018 were going to vote against Pelosi? Hey girls! Cat got your tongue?
- It would permit eevil right-wing racist-sexist-homophobes like me to say forever after that, back in 2020, America was offered socialism and it voted it down (I hope) 60-40.
- It would help the next Clinton to move to the center and declare on a stack of Bibles that he was a New Democrat and utterly rejected the divisive politics of Bernie.
- It might even roll back the identity politics/intersectional priests and their ilk. For a while.
- It might help President Trump clean out the Swamp in his second term.
- It would make Florida red. Those Cuban-Americans aren't going to take Bernie lying down.
- And so on.
Shall we rehearse my anti-socialist notions, just for fun? First there are the Four Laws.
Socialism cannot work because it cannot compute prices (Mises).
The administrative state cannot work because the Man in Washington does not have the bandwidth to run the economy (Hayek)
Regulation does not work because “regulatory capture” (Stigler).
Government programs cannot work because you can never reform them (Chantrill).I think that is perfectly clear, don't you? And if you don't understand the first law, about prices, then you really don't get it. Prices, you see, are perhaps the most amazing cultural invention of humans ever. Prices enable us -- even the poorest -- to broadcast to the world what we are willing to exchange in the moment to moment dance of social cooperation, and for what value in exchange. It is what enables the unfathomable complexity of the market economy to function at all. The reason that socialism fails every time it is tried is because, under socialism, the consumers don't get a chance of feedback, to signal to the producers what they want -- or what they can be persuaded to want -- and what they are willing to pay.
Do you think that is enough? No. I think we need to mention the Great Reaction, the mad reactionary enthusiasm among lefties for the old days.
Socialism is a return to slavery;
the welfare state is a return to feudalism;
identity politics is neo-tribalism;
reparations is neo-vengeance;
activism is part medieval knight-errantry, part pro-regime street-thuggery, and part activisme, or gentry kids putting on a play;
helpless victims are a return to sacrifice,
social justice is good old loot and plunder.I'm sure the list isn't really exhaustive. But I'm working on it.
It all comes down to this, my US Politics in Four Lessons:
The American People are the best people in the world.
The USA is the best country in the world.
When you lose a normal change election you concede with a good grace.
Anyone that accuses someone of being a racist is a monster.
Anyway. I am sure that Brad Parscale and the boys are busy working on the framework of a campaign against Bernie.
And I am sure that President Trump is up to the challenge.
In face, think about it. What GOP nominee of the last 50 years is better adapted to run a campaign against a socialist and win? OK. Maybe Ronald Reagan.
No comments:
Post a Comment