Thursday, December 5, 2019

Suppose a Failed Impeachment is Part of Nancy's Cunning Plan?

Last week we had the "striped pants boys" (and a girl) telling the Schiff committee that President Trump had been acting against the "interagency consensus."

This week we had four Democrat-voting law professors before the Nadler committee voting 3-1 to impeach Trump. Because democracy. What they were really saying was, yeah, go ahead and impeach the guy. He deserves it.

OK. This is getting a bit too much for me. "I can't believe they are doing this." Surely they can't be that dumb.

Unless.

Unless Dem Central figures, hey, this election is a bye. It's pretty difficult to depose a president running for reelection when the economy is good.

But, they tell each other, we gotta problem.

(Now we switch to a transcript of a conversation between two well-know Deep Staters.)

Yeah, we sure do, Nance. Our radical #Resistance is doing a replay of the Sixties.

And we know where that ended up, Chuckie. Two Nixon terms -- which our chaps managed to abort nicely in '74 -- and then two Reagan terms and one Bush term. A national nightmore.

And don't forget, Nance, that even when we finally got Clinton in for two terms, the first thing that happened was a Republican Congress.

Right, Chuck. We can't do that again.

Hey, I know, Nance. Let's run the impeachment all the way, infuriating the GOP base. And then let Trump win reelection and probably get the House back.

Exactly, Chuck. And that's when you and I start to work on the contributors. We'll tell them that this crazy-lefty stuff has got to stop. And the best way is to starve it for money.

And, Nance, we should remind our friends that we can't do any favors for them if the crazy left is taking all the oxygen out of the room.

OK. Agreed, Chuck. But what about the moderate Class of 2018? We gotta give those guys an out, so they don't have to commit political suicide by voting for impeachment.

Yeah, Nance. I guess that's your baby. Incidentally, congratulations once again on your 2018 results.  But I wonder if those educated suburban women will really be down for a trial in the Senate?

Good point, Chuck. I think that Job One is to protect Jerry Nadler until it's too late for the Justice Democrats to run a lefty in his district. Once we are past the deadline for candidate sign-up we can take another look at it.

True. But Nance. Do we really care what happens to Jerry? I mean, as soon as he leaves office I'd say his district is bound to be won by some "woke" activist type. So whether the district goes left in 2020 or 2024, what's the difference?

I know, Chuck, but I owe Jerry one. He's been a good supporter, and I can't throw him overboard. Anyway, the strategy is to expose the #Resistance as well-intentioned people that are just not going to help us get the job done, of winning elections up and down the ballot. And whether we sacrifice Jerry or the Class of 2018, the strategic necessity is to put the blame on the Trump reelection where it belongs, on the DSA and the Justice Democrats and the rest of the over-enthusiastic activist community.

OK, Nance. Your call. But we don't want too much of a trainwreck in 2020. I'd say the important thing is to be setting up for Trump's second midterm in 2022 and make sure we win back the House and maybe the Senate. 2022 will be a good opportunity for us, as there will be 20 Republicans up for reelection and only 10 of ours: 12 if you count the independents.

Exactly, Chuck. 2022 is the key, to set up for the next presidential change election in 2024. I'd say we'll eat the GOP's lunch in 2024 if we can keep our left down to a dull roar.

OK, Nance. See you at the fundraiser tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment