OK, I know. First of all, what is left of Republicans when Trump leaves the scene? Never mind! That is a question for another day.
Seriously. All the Democratic presidents we grew to know and love were elected as mere pikers. FDR was elected at 50, JFK at 43, Carter at 52; Clinton at 46; Obama at 47.
Only Harry Truman was over 60 on becoming president. That just shows it!
Now we have Joe Biden, who will be 77 on election day. Elizabeth Warren, who will be 71. If we look at Democratic leaders in Congress, we have Our Nance, from a distinguished Baltimore political family, who will be 79 in March. Chuck Schumer will be 70 next November.
If you ask me, this is an unfortunate consequence of modern health care and medicine, that politicians live a lot longer than they used to. And since politicians never retire, it means that the younger set now grow old waiting for their olders and betters to retire. Perhaps we should bring back the smoke-filled room to hasten our politicians on their way.
I remember back in the day when the MSM was scandalized by all those ancient Southern Democrats occupying chairmanships of Congressional committees that should have been going to worthy young northern liberal Democrats.
The problem is, of course, that when the current crop of veteran Democrats retires the folks that step into their shoes will either be vile monsters like Adam Schiff, 59, or minority members from inner-city one-party districts.
I know that we are all supposed to be thrilled by multicultural America, but I have a feeling that it will be nasty, brutish, and short compared to the current America that we have been taught to hate.
In other words, I think that multiculturalism is all very well when liberal professors are instructing their students at Deep State U, but not so much fun when open racist sexist multiculturalists are practicing what they have been carefully taught on the political stage.
See, I know that all the good people know that nationalism equals Hitler. But I think nationalism is one of the most remarkable ideas ever, to persuade a motley crew of people that really have nothing in common to believe that they are all joyful members of the fake tribe of the nation.
And I think that when you do the reverse procedure and persuade men and women and LGBTs and various racial and ethnic minorities that they have nothing in common.-- Well I think you are sowing the wind and will shortly reap the whirlwind.
But what do I know!
Here's another problem that I don't think our Democratic friends have thought about. We all had a grand old time in the 20th century cranking government spending from 10 percent of GDP up to the present 36 percent, as below:

But do you see what has been happening? The growth of government spending has been slowing, except for that blip in the Great Recession. I just think that the good years of bribing the voters will lovely free stuff is coming to the end of its useful life.
That's why Elizabeth Warrn has run into a buzz-saw with her Medicare-for-all thingy. Most Americans don't think they will benefit. Right now a lot of Americans are all in favor of climate change policy. That's because they don't understand that the money is going to billionaires and bottom feeders not to good ordinary Americans like them.
And when it comes down to it, the basis of modern democracy is that voters believe that the free stuff should only be going to people like them. And we have carefully taught folks to believe in this. There's the geezer saying that "they'd better not cut My Social Security" because he paid in all his life. Or the girl geezer just flat out saying "they'd better not cut My Medicare." Just sayin'.
Somewhere out there is an newly fledged politician in the process of figuring out how you play free-stuff politics when all the good ones are taken.
That guy is a genius.
I wonder what he is doing right now? Maybe he will sweep in and send sweep the current crop of septuagenarians out to the retirement community.
Seriously. All the Democratic presidents we grew to know and love were elected as mere pikers. FDR was elected at 50, JFK at 43, Carter at 52; Clinton at 46; Obama at 47.
Only Harry Truman was over 60 on becoming president. That just shows it!
Now we have Joe Biden, who will be 77 on election day. Elizabeth Warren, who will be 71. If we look at Democratic leaders in Congress, we have Our Nance, from a distinguished Baltimore political family, who will be 79 in March. Chuck Schumer will be 70 next November.
If you ask me, this is an unfortunate consequence of modern health care and medicine, that politicians live a lot longer than they used to. And since politicians never retire, it means that the younger set now grow old waiting for their olders and betters to retire. Perhaps we should bring back the smoke-filled room to hasten our politicians on their way.
I remember back in the day when the MSM was scandalized by all those ancient Southern Democrats occupying chairmanships of Congressional committees that should have been going to worthy young northern liberal Democrats.
The problem is, of course, that when the current crop of veteran Democrats retires the folks that step into their shoes will either be vile monsters like Adam Schiff, 59, or minority members from inner-city one-party districts.
I know that we are all supposed to be thrilled by multicultural America, but I have a feeling that it will be nasty, brutish, and short compared to the current America that we have been taught to hate.
In other words, I think that multiculturalism is all very well when liberal professors are instructing their students at Deep State U, but not so much fun when open racist sexist multiculturalists are practicing what they have been carefully taught on the political stage.
See, I know that all the good people know that nationalism equals Hitler. But I think nationalism is one of the most remarkable ideas ever, to persuade a motley crew of people that really have nothing in common to believe that they are all joyful members of the fake tribe of the nation.
And I think that when you do the reverse procedure and persuade men and women and LGBTs and various racial and ethnic minorities that they have nothing in common.-- Well I think you are sowing the wind and will shortly reap the whirlwind.
But what do I know!
Here's another problem that I don't think our Democratic friends have thought about. We all had a grand old time in the 20th century cranking government spending from 10 percent of GDP up to the present 36 percent, as below:

But do you see what has been happening? The growth of government spending has been slowing, except for that blip in the Great Recession. I just think that the good years of bribing the voters will lovely free stuff is coming to the end of its useful life.
That's why Elizabeth Warrn has run into a buzz-saw with her Medicare-for-all thingy. Most Americans don't think they will benefit. Right now a lot of Americans are all in favor of climate change policy. That's because they don't understand that the money is going to billionaires and bottom feeders not to good ordinary Americans like them.
And when it comes down to it, the basis of modern democracy is that voters believe that the free stuff should only be going to people like them. And we have carefully taught folks to believe in this. There's the geezer saying that "they'd better not cut My Social Security" because he paid in all his life. Or the girl geezer just flat out saying "they'd better not cut My Medicare." Just sayin'.
Somewhere out there is an newly fledged politician in the process of figuring out how you play free-stuff politics when all the good ones are taken.
That guy is a genius.
I wonder what he is doing right now? Maybe he will sweep in and send sweep the current crop of septuagenarians out to the retirement community.
No comments:
Post a Comment