I expect that you, like all good people, are delighted that there is a National Museum of African American Culture and History in Washington DC at 1400 Constitution Av NW right next to the Washington Monument.
I expect that you, like all good people, are delighted that there is a United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington DC just across the Mall from the African American Museum. Just as the African American Museum is on the left hand of the Washington Monument, so the Holocaust Museum is on the right hand of God, er Washington.
And you are pleased as punch at the National Museum of the American Indian on the Mall in the shadow of the Grant Memorial at 4th St SW in Washington DC at the Capitol end of the Mall
But I expect that you are shocked, shocked, as I was to discover that there is no National Museum of White Trash on the Washington Mall.
Because, as we all know, the story of White Trash, and the history of America as the dumping ground for the "waste population" of England, begins in 1584 with the arrival of the first ship of White Trash off the shores of Virginia to found the Roanoke colony, courtesy of Sir Walter Raleigh, a favorite of Good Queen Bess. I have written about this as my "1584 Project."
If you want a scholarly narrative on the subject, try Nancy Isenberg's White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America. Just like Dr. Jill Biden, Isenberg is a doctor.
Yes, I know, such a museum, fetchingly configured as a trash can, perhaps with different receptacles for plastics, and bottles and cans, seems an obvious addition to the glorious monuments of Washington DC. And there is a spare slot on the Washington Mall, right between the African American Museum and the Holocaust Museum.
That way we could have three Museums of the Victims, side by side: Jews, White Trash, and Black Slaves.
And then we Americans could spend the next one hundred years arguing about who is the biggest victim: Jews, poor whites, or descendants of slaves.
Of course, I am sure you can see my cunning plan behind this. It is to de-legitimize the lefty division of the world into three parts, the Allies, the Oppressed Peoples, and the White Oppressors.
Which White Oppressors would that be, cupcake?
And we all know the answer to that. The real oppressors are the whiteys in the Educated Elite, now commonly referred to among those in the know as "laptop whites."
Definition of Privilege: someone who can work at home and interact with co-workers and clients using Zoom. White Trash need not apply.
No comments:
Post a Comment