Thursday, November 25, 2021

Being Thankful at Thanksgiving

I could be thankful that our Democratic friends are screwing up, big time, in the Biden age. But I won't. Whatever will be, will be on the politics front. Politics is about enemies, and I don't think of Democrats and Wokies as enemies. I just think of them as fools.

What I am thankful for is the continuing miracle of America. That despite everything, as they say, the flag is still there. That our great country muddles along, despite the folly of its leaders and the conceit of its educated class, and the dysfunction of the lower class that is a direct consequence of the folly and conceit of out betters.

Mind you, I find myself more and more accepting the line of regime critics like Ron Unz. His 11/22 piece is all about how the regime manages to silence its critics, and maintain its regime narrative.

Which we have seen Big Time in recent years.

I suppose that every regime gets to write the history, so long as it manages to win its wars. And the suppression of critics is a sign that the regime is sailing in choppy waters.

Meanwhile I am sitting in the airport at the departure gate and ordinary America is walking to and fro in front of me, everyone going somewhere for Thanksgiving. And the pilots are flying and the Ubers are 5 minutes away and all is right with the world even though our leaders are screwing up big-time on the COVID and economic policy front.

In a twisted way, I am glad that we have a full Dem administration from president to Congress. Because I think that whoever was in charge after COVID would be looking at the failure of the administrative state's lockdown and vaccination policy and the aftermath of Money Printer Go Brrrr in 2020.

And by the way, the inflation was already coded in when President Trump bullied the Fed into easing monetary policy in late 2019.

But now, according to the eternal law of politics, the post-COVID mess is all happening on the Dems' watch. It's only fair, because administrative government and easy money is the basic policy of the educated class and the educated class should be fully in power when the consequence of such policy is felt, good and hard, by the American people.

See, I think that if Trump were president right now then Republicans would be looking at a wipeout in 2022 and a 60-40 Time for a Change election in 2024. But he isn't. And they aren't. It feels almost like divine intervention.

My big thing is thinking about what comes after the rule of the educated class. Truth is, I don't know. Because the thing about the middle class, the main enemy of the educated class, is that we are not that interested in power. And yet politics is about power, taking state power to the enemy. How can you rule if you are not that interested in power?

I don't know. But I am thankful that in this tricky time things are not a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment