Monday, November 15, 2021

Men Say "Lead Me"; Women Say "Protect Me"

My constant challenge is to follow the maxim of Einstein: make things as simple as possible, but no simpler. If Einstein is too hoity-toity for you, there is good old Sen. Iselin in The Manchurian Candidate begging his wife to make the number of Communists in the State Department "real simple."

How to make politics as simple as possible -- after Nazi Carl Schmitt's notion that the political is the friend / enemy distinction. Or, if you want it "real simple" Curtis Yarvin's maxim that "there is no politics without an enemy."

But, of course it isn't quite that simple. Because of the difference between honor among men and honor among women and my maxims that "women expect to be protected" and "men know they are expendable."

So I say that politics reduces to men saying "lead me to fight the enemy" and women saying "protect me from the enemy."  And that is all.

Now, I am not saying this just to be pompous and knowledgeable. I am saying this on the off-chance that some aspiring politician will read it and use it as his "real simple" guide to getting elected and rising through the ranks to the very pinnacle of politics.

Don't forget, Mr. Aspiring Politician, that when you are appealing to men, you are pressing the button that triggers the "lead me" instinct. And when you are appealing to women, you are pressing the button that triggers the "protect me" instinct.

Now, how you combine the two is frankly beyond me, because I am not a practical politician or a noble aide or a rising staffer.

Of course, whenever you are appealing to men with the "lead me" line or to women with the "protect me" line any practical politician has to think about what to do when the wind changes.

For instance, with regard to the current COVID matter, what should the noble President Biden do which presses the "lead me" button for men?

I tell you what I think. I think that the president declares victory and hands out medals to all the "heroes" and "essential workers" of which we've heard tell. The current policy of mandating vaccinations for a vaccine that is not very effective is not "lead me." It is dumb.

So that takes care of men. Whatabout women?

Actually, I think the women side of this is more tricky. Because right now we are heading like an express train towards the moment where women realize -- and tell each other -- that they have been conned; that all the masks and lockdowns and vaccinations and boosters and vaxx mandates did not protect them.

And women don't like men cheating on them.

Hey there President Biden, Ron Klain and all the ships at sea! You don't want to get to the point where the women of America sit down at coffee and say to each other "I can't believe the president did that."

Because the next thing they will say to each other is "I'm so exhausted with all this."

And let me tell you, Joey and Ronnie, you don't want to be anywhere in the United States when the women of America start telling each other that they are "exhausted" by COVID.

So what to do? Hey you guys are the political professionals. You know what to do.

Still want my advice, geniuses? OK here it is.

You declare that America is now safe. You declare that because of President Biden's leadership that hundreds of thousands of lives have been saved, which would never have happened on President Trump's watch, because mean tweets. You congratulate Commissioner Fauci and Keystone Kop Kamala for their magnificent leadership. You condemn the anti-vaxxers to bottomless perdition because, but for them, we wold have been safe months ago.

But, but! Suppose we get another surge of cases with a new variant? No problem, the MSM will know what to do and condemn all reports of new cases as "disinformation." And Social Media will properly and responsibly cancel all vile racist-sexist-homophobic "disinformation" as violent extremism.

No, don't thank me for getting you out of a jam, Joey and Ronnie. I'm a patriotic American and I love my country and I believe in helping my country even -- especially -- when it is led by morons in "The Autumn of the Liberal Ages."

No comments:

Post a Comment