I had an email from an acquaintance who'd written a book about the experience of being overrun like the Native Americans. Is that what we are experiencing, we middle-class white Commoners? A few years ago he'd written a book, For All The Marbles, about America being invaded by jihadi terrorists.
In the first part of the book, I tried to write about what the Native Americans might have been witnessing as the "white wave" of settlers swept across the middle of what was to be the United States. And, I tried to have my protagonist compare that wave, with the coming wave of terrorists in present day America.
It all depends, of course, on whether we are experiencing the conquest by a superior culture or the last desperate flailings of a failing ruling class.
I rather lean towards the failed ruling class narrative.
I think about my forefathers in the early 20th century who were Commoner Brits with small businesses in places like Russia and Japan. They did what they did because they had business skills that the native population didn't have. An ordinary Commoner could make a decent life out of a routine business "out in the colonies" that he couldn't if he were back home in Britland having to compete with all the entrenched interests.
Yet. One friend of my grandfather in Japan retired early and sold his business because, he said, the Japanese were learning the business culture so fast that he'd be out of business in a few years.
So I believe that what we see is the rest of the world catching up. But what about what comes next?
I don't think that the next thing has appeared yet. So I don't think that we are in the process of being inundated by a superior civilization. Unless, of course, you look at the fact that the top income groups in the US are various flavors of South and East Asians.
Here are the income league tables for 2019 from La Wik:
| Race is a Social Construction | Median Household Income | Percent of Black |
| Indian Americans | $116,793 | 266% |
| Chinese Americans | $81,510 | 185% |
| Finipino Americans | $79,936 | 182% |
| Vietnamese Americans | $68,979 | 157% |
| White Americans | $65,777 | 150% |
| Latino Americans | $51,404 | 117% |
| Black Americans | $43,862 | 100% |
Now I don't know what you think, but I know that the reason that Indian Americans are at the top is straight up "systemic caste-ism." And the reason that Chinese Americans score so high is "systemic Mandarin examination-ism."
Mind you, I don't blame the Chinese. Hey, back in the 19th century there was this kid that flunked his state examinations, decided he was the brother of Jesus Christ and by the time the Taiping rebellion was over, the butcher's bill was 30 million. Give or take a million or two.
Hey, here's the Wall Street Journal writing about "A PTA Purge of Asians." Really? The Parent Teacher Association "is in cahoots with watering down entrance standards" at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology -- "ranked No. 1 among all public high schools nationwide by U.S. News and World Report." And "The percentage of Asian-Americans admitted to TJ dropped to 54% this year from 73% last year."
Now I'm reading all kinds of stuff, from Curtis Yarvin, who thinks that the oligarchy will win, to the whites-only right, and I think this.
It was all very well when the Democrats were allies of the working class, when the working class was probably a majority of the population. Hey, that was a political formula made in Heaven.
So I get where the Democrats think that by playing the race card and reckoning that in a couple of decades America will be majority non-white, and so their over/under political formula will still be a winner.
But I suspect that there is a great big opportunity for populist nationalists to play the class card, to unite the majority Commoner middle class of every "race is a social construction" and mobilize them against the educated class and its AstroTurf BLM and AntiFa thugs.
See I think the middle class doesn't want too much government. It just wants to obey the laws, go to work, follow the rules and wive and thrive and take personal responsibility.
Whereas the educated class gets off on directing traffic.
Hey, everyone likes a traffic cop, except if there's a traffic pile-up. Then people might start to say: why do we need these Keystone Kraffic Kops? All they do is run around and screw things up.
And there is this. Suppose that What Comes Next is a religious and cultural movement that says: "we don't need so much stinkin' politics, thanks very much."
Because that is what I think is the world's Big Problem. The only thing that politics knows is division. The division of the electorate into Us and Them and the division of loot and plunder among the political supporters. Oh, and the construction of monuments: how's that pyramid coming along, Pharaoh?
What has political division and gubmint loot and plunder done for you lately?
Are we about to be overrun? Or will America arise once again, shake itself off, and resume its destiny as the city on a hill, the last best hope of mankind on Earth?
No comments:
Post a Comment