Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Sen. Ron Johnson Pushes Back on "Racist." Sorta

Here's what Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) said the other day about not being afraid of the pro-Trump rioters in the January 6 Capitol riot:

Now, had the tables been turned, and Joe — this is going to get me in trouble — had the tables been turned and President Trump won the election and tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and antifa, I might have been a little concerned.

But notice how AP introduces his remarks:

Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin denied Monday that he made racist comments last week when he said he wasn’t concerned about pro-Donald Trump insurrectionists at the U.S. Capitol in January but would have been worried if they were Black Lives Matters protesters.

Notice the "tell?" They left out "antifa." Well well well: nobody here but us journalists at the AP.

Now I think that "denying" that you made racist comments is not enough. I think you need to strike back, and say something like:

"I've been playing political poker, man and boy, for 25 years. And my experience is that the guy that plays the race card is the real racist."

Then you go on and waffle some more.

"Go ahead. Call me a racist. I don't care. But what I want to know is when my Democratic friends and my friends in the Democrat media are going to stop playing the race card so we can get down to solving America's real problems instead of the ghosts of problems past." 

Here's what I think. I think that the politician that figures out how to trump the race card, or how to hit the racist screwball out of the ball-park has got a glorious future ahead of him.

But first he has to have the courage to risk it. Rather like President Trump, who got nominated in 2016 by showing that he had to courage to go up against the Blob.

Yet even Trump didn't have the courage to trump the race card.

But let me tell you, the guy that figures out how to do it, and emerges unscathed from the usual media feeding frenzy whenever there is race-card blood in the water, that guy is going to go places.

Quote Eric Hoffer: "Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket." 

And so it goes until the DA indicts the race racketeers for racketeering. But it takes a while, because usually when there is a racket it only thrive because it gets protection from the local politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment