Wednesday, November 11, 2020

What Will Make Our Next Ruling Class Special

Here am I fizzing along with Gaetano Mosca's The Ruling Class and writing it all up here. And one of his aperćus is that every ruling class lives -- and dies -- on its specialness. Because that is the basis for its right to rule.

The special people are the people that get to rule. All over the world.

Back in the day, of course, the ruling class was simply the warriors. The best warriors were the ruling class, period. I suppose that when we get to the feudal era we get not just the warrior virtues, but blood and lineage which the ruling class advertises as a marker of their superior character and wealth and power. 

But whatabout our own ruling class? What do they advertise to signify their specialness and their right to rule? The answer is obvious. It is a whole cluttered drawing room full of conceit.

What our rulers know is that they are

more educated, more evolved, more caring, more inclusive, more intelligent, more knowledgeable, more kind, more scientific, more virtuous, more compassionate, more honest, more open, more empathizing, more involved, more sharing, more encouraging, more apologizing, more forgiving 

than the common run of deplorables and bitter-clingers. (I got a lot of these from the "Be the one to" website).

And their clients, the "oppressed peoples" are innocents.

No really! Go up and read over that list again. Is it not true that your liberal friends really believe all that?

That is why I think that our liberal friends are making a strategic mistake with censoring social media, with canceling racist-sexist-homophobes, with pursuing Donald Trump for four years, with stealing elections, with nominating a man in his dotage and a woman who made it up the old-fashioned way.

The reason is obvious: such low-life behavior completely negates the virtue-signaling PR. And it signals weakness.

A truly educated-evolved-caring-inclusive-intelligent-kind, etc. person does not censor, cancel, fake-dossier, fake-impeach, or steal. Not nohow. And not just because it is wrong, not just because it is beneath a truly educated-evolved-caring etc. person of high estate. But because it signals weakness.

Should I repeat that? Yes I think I should.

When you censor, cancel, fake-dossier, fake-impeach or steal elections you are signalling weakness. As in "they're a weak lot, some of them in Europe, you know. Weak. Feeble."

Now I believe that the true markers of specialness are the three virtues of @nntaleb.

Never virtue-signal 

Never rent-seek 

You must start your own business

Since I don't want to be sexist, I have also included three virtues for women

Never virtue-signal 

Never say "I can't even!" 

You must learn to forgive

As opposed to what I regard as our ruling class's real markers.

We are all virtue-signallers 

We are all rent-seekers 

We never quite got to start our own business

Am-I-right or am-I-right? 

Yep. My fearless prediction is that our next ruling class will live or die on the @nntaleb virtues. 

Because it's the only thing left.

No comments:

Post a Comment