Thursday, January 2, 2020

Little Girls Believe What They Are Carefully Taught

The father of St. Greta of Thun Mountain says that her climate activism is a good thing because prior to that she was depressed about climate change and refusing to eat.

And now I read of a BP executive telling how his daughter's friends are "taking anti-depressants because they are so worried about climate change."

But you see. These girls and women are not scientists. They have no independent knowledge about climate. They literally know nothing about science, which takes half a life to master. They are just responding to what they have been carefully taught.

If there was no news about climate change and how it is going to destroy human life on his planet, then Greta Thunberg wouldn't know about the Horror. And the friends of the daughter of the BP executive would not know about it. They would be taking anti-depressants because of the meanness of the other women.

Now it may be that in fact the activist-driven climate science is right, and that human action is upsetting the climate. Or it may be yet another millennarian cult predicting the end of the world.

Of course, according to science, when we descend out of the present Interglacial into the next glacial age, then things really will get pretty tight around here. Western Washington, where I live, was under ice in the last Ice Age. Our beautiful Puget Sound was ground out by glaciers! The eastern Washington landscape was formed by ice dam collapses.

As a profound sexist I am bound to say that there is a difference here between men and women. I find that women are much more likely to believe what they have been carefully taught and that men are much more likely to resist being carefully taught.

That is why, I maintain, it was boys that were first sent to school and punished if they didn't learn stuff. Girls have always dutifully learned what they were supposed to learn.

Boys and men seem to have bullshit detectors that tell them to regard all information as suspect. Or maybe they are lazy and just don't want to learn anything.

Then comes the moment when the woman feels betrayed, and Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

That's where I'd like to get in our present political situation. Nice respectable women don't like Donald Trump because he is insulting.

You'd think that, by now, they would be hopping mad because of the humiliation of the sexual revolution, the dead end of careers, the get-rid-of-it culture of abortion, the demolition of marriage.

But I think that women only "get it" when it is too late. Why? Well I think it has to do with the woman's instinct to go with the program to keep the kids alive. Because if you have kept the kids alive one more day... And the women in A Woman in Berlin kept the teenage girls safe in the attic while they submitted to the Russian soldiers in May 1945.

And so I think that, probably, women shouldn't be involved in politics, which is a game of risk to hit the other guys before they hit you.

Prediction: I think that at some point women will retreat from the public square and reestablish the old community of women where women maintain the local community of care and domesticity. Just sayin'.

You see, I experience the whole progressive project as being a War on Women.

Back in the day, men did nothing except defend the border and kill animals for meat. Men only started to work when they were needed for plowing, heavy work that tends to induce miscarriages in women.

Then came wage labor, which got men tied down working under near slave-labor discipline, and meant that women could stay home and raise the kids. Hey! What a deal for women!

But why did women decide they had to get out of the home and get jobs in the labor market? Could it be that Gentry women decided that they were special and were above mere domesticity? Or did some women decide they couldn't take the name and shame and shun culture of the community of women in the neighborhood and had to get into the more civilized male culture of the workplace? More research is needed.

See, I believe that men are expendable -- chiefly in war but also in dangerous mines and agriculture and fracking with their dangerous machines -- but we have to humor the poor stiffs to make them feel useful and wanted. I mean, if men went out on strike then women would have to pick up the slack!

I believe it is beneficial for men to think that they won't get laid unless they have a good job. I think it is good for men to battle away for market share, symbolizing in a harmless way the battles of border warfare. I believe it is good for men to believe that if you made the baby, you signed up to raise it.

So if I had the education of girls I would teach them the glory of children, the wonder of faithful husbands, the satisfaction of neighborhood cooperation, and the adequacy of the 1,000 sq ft house in the suburbs and the superfluity of marble-top counters. And for God's sake stop buying stupid electric cars!

And I think it will all come to pass once women and girls are carefully taught that progressives and lefties are the worst people in the world that have betrayed and abandoned them.

It shouldn't be too hard, surely. It has the advantage of being true.

No comments:

Post a Comment