Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Ignoring Supreme Court: It's OK When We Do It

I get why the Biden administration is extending the rent moratorium. Their lefty activist pals are all in a twist on the injustice of making oppressed peoples pay rent.The Noive! What is the point of an ally if he/she/xir can't shove it on the white oppressor landlords on behalf of the oppressed peoples?

But I'd say, with all my years of wisdom and experience, that the sooner you Bidenoids get the economy back to normal, with no stimmy checks, no extended unemployment benefits, no rent moratoriums, no mortgage pauses, no mega-trillion handout bills, the better it will be for you in 2022 and 2024.

Frankly, I am sitting here "literally shaking" my head at what I consider the serial stupidities of the Biden administration. For me it starts with this chart from my ugovernmentspending.com.


To my way of thinking total government spending, federal, state, and local, has been about 35 percent of GDP since 1980.

Let me be clear about this. That means that 35 percent of the national GDP is decided By Force. I think that is wrong; I think it is unjust, and I think that trying to increase it, as the Bidenoids are proposing to do, and at least attempt major tax increases, is going to end in tears, in part in Democeratic circles, and in part among the voters on the receiving end of this injustice. And look at the chart: in the peak of COVID-ology governments in the US were spending 45 percent of GDP. Almost as much as in World War II. 

I think that if Democrats think they are going to boost spending above the 35, 36 percent of GDP they are going to reap the whirlwind. Don't know quite how, but I think that the 35 percent GDP number is not an accident; it represents the correlation of political forces over the last 40 years. There is no broad-based warrant for a surge in spending. Except for Democratic lefty activist groups.

Obviously in this moment our Democratic friends are trying to push through a major increase in spending. That they imagine will be permanent. I suspect that they will live to regret it.

I've been re-reading Crane Brinton's Anatomy of Revolution, and one of his takes is that revolution and counter-revolution exacts a terrible toll on ordinary people, through the disorganization of the economy by the rip-tides of politics.

My judgement about the last 18 months of COVID-ology is that it represents something getting close to a revolutionary disruption. The result will be that the top 25 percent of Americans will do fine; the middle half will do OK, and the bottom 30 percent is having their lives totally disrupted, and many of them are going to be screwed for the rest of their lives in drugs, despair, and homelessness.

And I expect that there will be major political disruptions that nobody will have seen coming.

The whole point of the Era of the Educated Ruling Class is the conceit in the Allies narrative, that "we" are the allies of the working class/oppressed peoples against the rich/white oppressors.

But I say that the educated ruling class has Made Things Worse. It made things worse for the white working class that is now "dying of despair;" it has made things worse for women, that have been disrupted from modesty, from marriage, and from children and neighborhood social works; it has made things worse for blacks, who are leading the nation in murders of and by blacks; it is making things worse for marginal people of all kinds: people with marginal job skills, marginal social skills, marginal common sense.

And now the Biden administration is defying the United States Supreme Court on the rent moratorium.

You don't wanna do that, Bidenoids. You'll regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment