I'm at the airport this morning, and let me tell you, America is back. Albeit that all the men have black masks and all the women have pretty masks. Well, almost.
But I have to tell you -- if you will believe me -- that there is no sign of the systemic racism and white supremacy that President Biden warned us about last night. Why, I just saw a black woman and a white woman walking past the gate and they didn't seem in the least angry or frightened of each other.
The question all we racist-sexist-homophobes are asking is whether this is the last Big Push in a century of big government of the educated class, by the educated class, for the educated class, before the whole thing collapses. Or whether the educated class will succeed in sewing the place up into a totalitarian monostate where you'd better behave or you'll be sent to Critical Race Theory Reeducation Camp.
I tell you what. Nobody knows. The Dems are pressing all the buttons that worked for them in the past, from trillions for public works to trillions for women and children to race-card accusations.
And if they don't work? The record of the past is that you can't expect the old warriors that knew how to fight the old way to suddenly reinvent themselves. So when they realize that the old levers and buttons don't work it will be too late. Of course, if they hammer on the old buttons hard enough, you never know.
After reading the reports on the Biden speech last night I'd say that the strategy of bashing all the buttons at once may not work too well. After all, the political art of loot and plunder requires that you tell you supporters that they are going to get their share. But you really don't want to rile up the opposition with too much taxation and sequestration and outright insult. I suspect that if President Biden were a little more on the ball his agenda would be a little less pedal-to-the-metal on every left-liberal wish list.
I'd say that one problem with the liberal interest-group / activist organization culture is that with every organization superbly organized to trumpet its issue to the reverberate hills there is a real problem getting any of them to cool their jets for the larger liberal interest. I always remember Nancy Pelosi confidently talking about AstroTurf during the first few months of the Tea Party. Of course she did, because every single liberal organization is a fake pretense at Representing the People, and instead is a special-interest scam.
But my belief is that the populist rebellion of the last ten years is organic, from the grass roots and not the AstroTurf plastic.
And that is the problem that is going to change the world. That the ordinary American can't take it any more and the average clueless rulers just don't have a clue.
No comments:
Post a Comment