According to the CNN five lawyers have left the Trump impeachment defense team because the former president wants to highlight vote rigging in his defense. They think he should concentrate on proving his innocence in respect of inciting the storming of the Capitol on January 6, 2021.
A person familiar with the departures told CNN that Trump wanted the attorneys to argue there was mass election fraud and that the election was stolen from him rather than focus on the legality of convicting a president after he's left office. Trump was not receptive to the discussions about how they should proceed in that regard.
Well.
If I were Trump I would not be making my defense defensively, by saying: "who me" in respect of the Qanon attack on the Capitol. What's the point? Either the Senate will convict him because 17 Republicans decide to convict on purely political grounds that it will aid reelection. Or it will be a meaningless circus act.
No. If I were Trump I would grab the opportunity to advance my Narrative, that the election was stolen. Oh, maybe not actually by manufactured votes, but by manipulation of the mail-in voting system by "vote harvesting" and other techniques. Right now, You Are Not Allowed to Say That the Election was Stolen. But that would not apply in an impeachment trial in the US Senate. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dems rule any argument about stealing the election out of order.
The whole point about Trump, from the escalator ride in 2015 to the present, is to fight back against the Deep State and its domination and hegemony. As I wrote in an American Thinker piece in November 2020, "Donald Trump, the Sacrificial Hero,"
Win or lose, Donald Trump has become a national Sacrificial Hero. If he wins, he is the conquering hero that vanquished the cowardly foe not once, but twice. If he loses, he might enter legend and myth as a demi-god, as others before him that gave their all in ancient times.
If I were the Democrats I would be executing on a strategy to make sure that Trump does not become a great Sacrificial Hero, because that would work against the Democratic Party domination. But I don't think our Democratic friends understand that. All they know is their Activism Culture of cancel and deplatform and censor.
But it looks like Trump understands that the issue in his impeachment trial is not whether he "incited" an "insurrection." Who cares? He is out of office and the Deep State is back in the saddle. The question is how the Great Rebellion proceeds now and into the future.
So if Trump gets his Narrative of a stolen election into the impeachment trial, he wins. If he is acquitted, he wins. If he is convicted, he wins. If his conviction is overturned in the Supreme Court, he wins.
If I can see this, why can't Speaker Nancy Pelosi see it? Or Sen Chuck E. Schumer?
I tell you Dems. You really do not want Donald Trump made into a Sacrificial Hero. It is just about the most powerful archetypal symbol known to mankind.
No comments:
Post a Comment