Thursday, February 25, 2021

See, Even Democrats Don't Care About Climate Change

You've probably already seen the opinion poll about the top concerns of Republican voters, and, separately, Democratic voters in the aftermath of the 2020 election. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. 

For Republican voters the following are the top three concerns.

IssuePercent
Very
Concerned
Illegal Immigration81%
Lack of support for the police79%
High taxes77%

For Democratic voters the following are the top three concerns.

IssuePercent
Very
Concerned
Donald Trump's supporters    82%
White nationalism79%
Systemic racism77%

Here are the tweets in question:

 Do you see the difference? GOP voters are interested in "Issues." Democratic voters are interested in "Hate."

Well, you can certainly see that politics works. Our Democratic friends have spent the last five years in a 24/7 effort to terrify their supporters about President Trump. They have called President Trump and his supporters every insult in the book. And then invented some more. And they have succeeded!

Mind you, I can see the logic behind the hatred of President Trump's supporters. 

Suppose those Commoner Trump supporters should get another Republican president elected. And suppose they elect a Republican House and Senate.

Maybe. Just maybe the Republican leaders would enact policies to reduce the sinecures and the pensions and the bureaucratic powers of the educated Gentry class.

Boy, if I were a Gentry liberal voter with a nice gubmint sinecure and an electric car in the driveway and solar power panels on the roof and a #WeBelieve yard-sign in the front yard, I'd be terrified of a GOP president and Congress.

But like I say: when a religious cult or a ruling class discovers that its prophecies are failing it doesn't just fold its tents and wind up the cult or the regime. No. Insread it redoubles its efforts, and gets out the machete and starts whacking away at anything and everything.

Because it cannot be true that our Truth is in fact a lie. There must be Evil Spirits at work. And we will dig them out and exorcise them. See if we don't!

But. How come nobody cares about Climate Change? I thought that was the defining issue of our time. Saving the Planet! Halting Runaway Global Warming! Stopping the Rise of the Oceans!

I guess not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment