Normally, when the peasants storm the palace, or the MAGAs storm the Capitol, the ruling class responds with repression, and I expect that our ruling class will do the same. Because the first rule of power is to use it.
Don't the peasants know that their only role in Capitol politics is to perform for The Hunger Games?
Curtis Yarvin is up before dawn to call the whole thing "pure wind," as in George Orwell:
Political language—and with variations, this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists—is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
Of course, I utterly deplore violence, including "mostly peaceful protests," but I have to say I enjoy the photo of the guy in Nancy Pelosi's office. It's telling, isn't it, that the two pieces that Google sent to my smartphone were the photo guy and a Slate piece saying that "Ted Cruz and his Pals" are to blame.
I must say that I appreciate the "tells."
- That pretty well all the Republicans in Congress said, OK, that's it: we are done with Trump.
- That Facebook has banned Trump until the end of his term.
- That the MSM was outraged by the desecration of the nation's monument. Er, did you know that the Capitol was built, in part, with slave labor? (And did you know that the website of the Architect of the Capitol is "aoc.gov?" I kid you not.)
- That everyone in the White House is resigning after the "attempted coup."
Reading between the lines it seems perfectly obvious to me that Trump is done. The ruling class is expelling the foreign object, and by January 20, it will all be over.
Except, I believe, the Great Rebellion is just getting started. It's odd, isn't it, that I should have wanted to start a new meme just two days ago, and that I would have decided on "Great Rebellion." And that the first thing I found was that Joel Kotkin had coined the meme four years ago. Yes, and the five "causes" of the Great Rebellion were "class conflict", "race and ethnicity", "geographic disparities", "nationalism and cultural identity", and "governance and localism."
And why? Because our ruling class has built its moral justification on the notion that it protects the lower classes against the "white oppressors," that it is the noble defender of the "traditionally marginalized" races and ethnicities, that its urbanist enclaves are the "Capitol" and the suburbs are the "Districts," that nationalism is bad but globalism and identity politics are good, that credentialed administrative governance is good but local yokels are bigoted hayseeds.
And it's all "wind."
Because it is a lie is that the ordinary commoner middle class is a cabal of "white oppressors," that the ruling class has helped the traditionally marginalized rather than deracinate them into "human rubble," that urbanist enclaves work for anyone but the rich and the connected, that nationalism is evil, rather than the best "fake tribalism" going, and that centralized administrative government cannot work because experts.
I agree with Yarvin that storming the Capitol is an empty gesture, because of course the Capitol is not the real fortress of the ruling class. And I do not believe that a violent revolution is likely or that it would work. I say that the Age of Revolution is over, meaning that changing one ruling class for another solves nothing. And I also believe that the Age of Politics is over, meaning that we are not going to make things better with plundering the economy and divvying up the loot.
The Biden agenda is a "tell" on this. Climate Change and "systemic racism" are both ruling-class grifts, that give power and authority and perks to the ruling clique and the larger educated gentry. But what's in it for the ordinary American? Nothing. Indeed, less than nothing.
Honestly, I don't know where this is going, and what will come together after the whole thing is over and there is nothing left to do but compute the butcher's bill.
I just think there is an instinctive and unconscious Great Rebellion brewing. And our ruling class has literally No Idea what is coming next. Nor do you; nor do I.
No comments:
Post a Comment