Tuesday, September 8, 2020

What Happens After November 3

Everyone seems to think that the losers on November 3 aren't going to accept the results. If you are Hillary Clinton you are Zooming your instructions for your pals not to concede. And if you are "far right" commentators like the Zman you are wondering if the left is going to mount a coup if they lose or just incompetently mostly peacefully protest.

I suspect that the answer depends on how close the result are. If the popular vote is 55-45 then I think it's a done deal.

If not?

Then it all depends on how competent are lefty friends really are. It's one thing to mostly peacefully protest when the liberal mayor looks the other way -- don't try this if you are a "far right" white supremacist -- it's another thing when all the liberal Democrat-run cities go up in flames and the rest of the country climbs into their cars and trucks for a Trump Car Parade.

For instance, will the Deep State rally to the Dems' banner? I wonder. Based on the Russia Collusion game it looks to me as though the Deep State is more attached to its pensions that to follow the leader.

For instance, the only guy they got on the Russia Collusion so far is the low-rank lawyer Kevin Cleinsmith who has pleaded guilty to making a false statement on a FISA application. Hey, all he did is say that Carter Page was not a CIA asset when the CIA said he was! But the other guys, the higher-ups, seem to have been pretty careful not to get their hands dirty.

And hey, why should they bother to risk anything? They will still have jobs in the vast intelligence apparatus. Why Worry?

Now I think that all the BLM/AntiFa street rioters are pretty competent. I am reading commentaries about their organization and command structure and it all seems pretty competent. But the only reason they get to strut their stuff is because the powers that be aren't arresting and jailing them. One fine day the liberal politicians will get the message that the party's over and they will send in the cops and they will not let the perps out on bond. Because re-election.

Another thing. Some time soon the liberal politicians in the liberal cities are going to get the message that people are moving out, big time, taking their tax dollars with them. How can you strut your stuff as a big-cheese progressive politician if there ain't no money? You ain't gonna get re-elected if you don't have loot and plunder to promise to your supporters.

Then there is the problem that the leaders of the Democratic Party are old-stagers that learned their game half a century ago. I think they are being played for a fool by the young lefty radicals. But what do I know?

Thing is, the Nancys and the Chucks learned their game in the aftermath of the Sixties when it had become obvious that to win national elections a Democrat had to campaign as a moderate. That's because the vast majority of voters are middle-class commoners. Middle-class Commoners just don't get the racist-sexist-homophobe stuff and the whole critical race thingy. Except that they understand that if they put a foot wrong they lose their job.

I wonder what middle-class Commoners think about that?

So this morning I saw a video of a black guy in a truck in a Trump Car Parade yelling at some white college girls sporting Black Lives Matter protest signs. What's that all about?

Oh, and has anyone asked Latino voters what they think about all this BLM/AntiFa stuff? Bueller? Anyone?

It all comes down to this: has all the mostly peaceful protesting this summer been a cunningly conceived plan to bend the arc of history towards justice or is it just a bunch of educated Gentry idiots peacefully protesting as they have been carefully taught?

I'm inclined to believe the latter. But then, I want to believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment