It is not What Women Want, but What Women Expect. If you don't instinctively know that you don't know nuttin'.
And what women expect, in particular, is they expect to be protected. If the men don't protect them then they will find other protectors. This is evoked most clearly in the book A Woman in Berlin by Anonymous. This Anonymous was actually a 30-year-old woman journalist, and she was writing about being a woman in Berlin in the two months from May to July 1945.
You may recall, or you may have read, that the Women in Berlin had a bit of a problem in May 1945. Their men were all imprisoned in POW cages all over Germany and they were left alone to face the occupying Russians.
So what did they do? They sought out the highest rank of Red Army officer suitable to their age and beauty to be their lover and protector. Of course they did.
One good thing they did. They put the teenaged girls in the attic during the two months that Berlin was under the martial law of the Red Army.
So I wonder what the women of Seattle and indeed all progressive cities all across America right now "expect" in regards to their protection.
See, I think that it is one thing to put out a Black Lives Matter yard sign outside your North Seattle house. It is another thing for Karen to realize that the police may not come to protect her if she is attacked by AntiFa thugs and she calls 911. Or if the local gang enforcer turns up at the door demanding money for the protection of home and hearth. That's what's been going down in the CHAZ/CHOP zone down in Capitol Hill in Seattle.
So I am keeping my ear to the ground, listening to the women as they complain to each other in the manifestation of the Women's Culture of Complaint. Are they saying to each other "I can't believe they let those protesters get away with trashing the whole neighborhood." Or, "I can't believe the way they let the homeless camp all over the city." Or what?
My point is that the Women's Gossip Network does not operate according to the progressive culture of mostly peaceful protest and intimidation. It operates in the one-on-one conversations of women in neighborhoods.
And all of a sudden, if you are a politician, you wake up in the morning to find that the universe changed. Because the organic consensus of the women's gossip network has changed social reality.
I wonder if this will play out in the election in November. I wonder if women will be saying one thing to their liberal friends, but another thing in the ballot box. I wonder if it is one thing to repeat after me Black Lives Matter but another thing to feel unprotected from rioters and looters.
Honestly, I don't know how this will turn out.
I do believe this, that the Nancy Pelosis and Chuck Schumers are in a half panic because they need to stay one step ahead of the mob which really wants to kick them out and make the Democratic Party into a truly woke and truly progressive party at last. And the more that they veer left the more it means that the Republican Party will be the only party for ordinary Commoners that just want to follow the rules, go to work, and obey the law.
No comments:
Post a Comment