I know we are all supposed to join in the liberal group hate on angry white men that pop up all the time to commit mass shootings, in Las Vegas, in bars, and synagogues.
And the only solution is to ban all guns.
But what if liberals are to blame for the anger of angry white men?
I mean, if you spend your whole life nattering on about the patriarchy, white nationalism, toxic masculinity, And if you decide to blame all white men for the crime of slavery, and if you force young white male college students to go to lefty reeducation camp as part of their college orientation, and if you reserve police and fire slots for diversity, and if you empower the good little girls at Google to come out and peacefully protest the toxic masculinity at Google, and if...
Well, I don't know what the liberal psychologists say, but I am sure that if we were talking about People of Color then our liberal masters would be telling us that the reason these same People of Color were erupting onto the streets in mostly peaceful protest was because they could no longer contain their "anger" at the oppression and injustice visited on them by the cruel and unjust white patriarchy.
So it could be that the anger among gun-toting white males might have been created out of whole cloth by liberals.
Right now, liberals are starting to amp up a campaign against white women who vote Republican. Can you believe it? A majority of white women voting for the Trump Republicans? So we have the new memes coming out, of "Becky," of "basic white bitch," and other notions that are intended, I suppose, to shame white women into voting Democrat. But what if it has the opposite effect?
See, I think that at the moment we are at a critical inflection point in the arc of identity politics. Up to now white liberals have been pursuing identity politics for fun and profit to gin up anger and votes among minority voters, particularly blacks who vote about 90-10 for Democrats. And then there are the feminists and the LBGTQs. But the major liberal leaders are all white and over 68: Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer as of November 23, Hillary Clinton. But the next rank, and much younger, are Kamala Harris, Cory "Spartacus" Booker, and even Keith Ellison. And they are non-white.
I don't know what you think, but I believe that the next generation of Democrats are going to find it harder to get the votes of white women, and I think that the reason is fairly simple.
It is one thing for white liberals to descant upon the wonders of diversity and inclusion, walking, as they do, the privileged corridors of liberal power. But if you are an basic white male or a basic white bitch just trying to make a living you experience a different world. You experience a world in which you can lose your job for saying the wrong thing. You know that, when it comes to the lineup for lifer government jobs you go to the back of the line. You think that people like that are going to vote Democratic? If you do, I gotta bridge to sell you.
Oh I know. The liberal grand strategy is that whites will soon become the minority and that Democrats will rule forever after. Maybe. But there is nothing that says that the current coalition of the ascendant: the educated, the non-white, will stay together. Whatabout Latinos? They seem to be curiously non-political, just trying to get ahead doing the construction and restaurant jobs that working-class white did a generation ago. Are they really going to vote Democratic forever? And whatabout the various Asians? Plus there is another rather tricky question. Will the "browns" want to be in the same party as the "blacks?" In the last half-century the politics of race guilt has worked pretty well on middle-class whites and not so well on working-class whites. But how will it work on non-black non-whites?
And here is another question? Does the educated class, white and brown, continue forever as the party of big government and using the lower orders as their political cats-paws? Who knows? All we know is that humans are tribal, but that all modern forms of tribalism like "race" and "gender" and "class" are fake tribalisms, invented by political entrepreneurs to enlist people into their political armies and use them as political pawns. But, for sure, today's successful tribalisms will be replaced, in due time, by new tribalisms invented by new political entrepreneurs. And the purpose of the new tribalisms will be to combine and divide the electorate in new ways with the simple goal of figuring out how to get to 51 percent.
Look, I'm no genius. All I know is that things won't turn out quite like the self-proclaimed political geniuses imagine.
And the only solution is to ban all guns.
But what if liberals are to blame for the anger of angry white men?
I mean, if you spend your whole life nattering on about the patriarchy, white nationalism, toxic masculinity, And if you decide to blame all white men for the crime of slavery, and if you force young white male college students to go to lefty reeducation camp as part of their college orientation, and if you reserve police and fire slots for diversity, and if you empower the good little girls at Google to come out and peacefully protest the toxic masculinity at Google, and if...
Well, I don't know what the liberal psychologists say, but I am sure that if we were talking about People of Color then our liberal masters would be telling us that the reason these same People of Color were erupting onto the streets in mostly peaceful protest was because they could no longer contain their "anger" at the oppression and injustice visited on them by the cruel and unjust white patriarchy.
So it could be that the anger among gun-toting white males might have been created out of whole cloth by liberals.
Right now, liberals are starting to amp up a campaign against white women who vote Republican. Can you believe it? A majority of white women voting for the Trump Republicans? So we have the new memes coming out, of "Becky," of "basic white bitch," and other notions that are intended, I suppose, to shame white women into voting Democrat. But what if it has the opposite effect?
See, I think that at the moment we are at a critical inflection point in the arc of identity politics. Up to now white liberals have been pursuing identity politics for fun and profit to gin up anger and votes among minority voters, particularly blacks who vote about 90-10 for Democrats. And then there are the feminists and the LBGTQs. But the major liberal leaders are all white and over 68: Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer as of November 23, Hillary Clinton. But the next rank, and much younger, are Kamala Harris, Cory "Spartacus" Booker, and even Keith Ellison. And they are non-white.
I don't know what you think, but I believe that the next generation of Democrats are going to find it harder to get the votes of white women, and I think that the reason is fairly simple.
It is one thing for white liberals to descant upon the wonders of diversity and inclusion, walking, as they do, the privileged corridors of liberal power. But if you are an basic white male or a basic white bitch just trying to make a living you experience a different world. You experience a world in which you can lose your job for saying the wrong thing. You know that, when it comes to the lineup for lifer government jobs you go to the back of the line. You think that people like that are going to vote Democratic? If you do, I gotta bridge to sell you.
Oh I know. The liberal grand strategy is that whites will soon become the minority and that Democrats will rule forever after. Maybe. But there is nothing that says that the current coalition of the ascendant: the educated, the non-white, will stay together. Whatabout Latinos? They seem to be curiously non-political, just trying to get ahead doing the construction and restaurant jobs that working-class white did a generation ago. Are they really going to vote Democratic forever? And whatabout the various Asians? Plus there is another rather tricky question. Will the "browns" want to be in the same party as the "blacks?" In the last half-century the politics of race guilt has worked pretty well on middle-class whites and not so well on working-class whites. But how will it work on non-black non-whites?
And here is another question? Does the educated class, white and brown, continue forever as the party of big government and using the lower orders as their political cats-paws? Who knows? All we know is that humans are tribal, but that all modern forms of tribalism like "race" and "gender" and "class" are fake tribalisms, invented by political entrepreneurs to enlist people into their political armies and use them as political pawns. But, for sure, today's successful tribalisms will be replaced, in due time, by new tribalisms invented by new political entrepreneurs. And the purpose of the new tribalisms will be to combine and divide the electorate in new ways with the simple goal of figuring out how to get to 51 percent.
Look, I'm no genius. All I know is that things won't turn out quite like the self-proclaimed political geniuses imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment