The question is: will the 2018 midterm election be a rout for Republicans, as nearly everyone seems to think, especially after the Democratic victory in the PA-18 special election that elected ex-Marine and pro-gun and anti-abortion Democrat Conor Lamb to Congress? Or not?
Well, yeah. I dare say that if Democrats run clones of Conor Lamb all over the place they will clean up. But I thought that the Democrats were against a moderate chap like Conor Lamb. Because white privilege.
But would all those clean-cut moderate ex-Marine Democrat Conor Lamb clones all vote to impeach President Trump? I suppose they would, just like the moderate Democrats that Chuck Schumer recruited in 2006 that all loyally cut their throats and voted for Obamacare in 2010.
But I would say that the only thing that matters for the mid-terms is how the pending report of Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report on the handling of the Hillary Clinton email affair plays out.
See, I suspect that in the next month or two we will find out that the DOJ and the FBI were doing bad and illegal things with respect to Hillary Clinton and her email server, and that they illegally spied on the Trump campaign, and that it goes to the very top of the Obama administration. We have already seen several demotions and reassignments of the principals in this affair, culminating in the recent firing of FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe. I believe this is what they call "smoke" in respect of "no smoke without fire."
I dare say that from now until the mid-terms in November we are going to see a parade of revelations on the subvention of the Department of Justice and the FBI to the political needs of Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party, and it ain't gonna be pretty.
So the question will be: do the voters care? Honestly, I don't know, but I would guess that the fabled #Resistance will get somewhat demoralized. That's the way politics works. You want your own partisans to be motivated, the other side's partisans to be demoralized, and the independents in the middle to be pleasantly surprised by your side and disgusted with the other side.
Now I expect that what the Trump people want for the mid-terms (and who knows what the official Republicans want) is to cry Jobs, Jobs, Jobs, trumpeting Trump's brilliant economic leadership, to demand we Build The Wall on immigration, and to demand that we Drain the Swamp on all the DOJ and FBI shenanigans.
What's not to like?
Meanwhile, I suspect, the Democratic cry on Russia Collusion is going to be getting a bit old in the tooth. Oh, and I wonder what happens if there is headline news on the Clinton Foundation and the Uranium One issue. Did you know that there is an ongoing investigation into this? Apparently, "FBI agents are interviewing people." Who knew?
Tonight I'm going to a Republican fundraiser for Dino Rossi who's running for WA-08 in November. I wonder if I'll learn anything about what the smart people think is going down this Fall? The Cook Political Report rates WA-08 as "Republican Toss-up."
Well, yeah. I dare say that if Democrats run clones of Conor Lamb all over the place they will clean up. But I thought that the Democrats were against a moderate chap like Conor Lamb. Because white privilege.
But would all those clean-cut moderate ex-Marine Democrat Conor Lamb clones all vote to impeach President Trump? I suppose they would, just like the moderate Democrats that Chuck Schumer recruited in 2006 that all loyally cut their throats and voted for Obamacare in 2010.
But I would say that the only thing that matters for the mid-terms is how the pending report of Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report on the handling of the Hillary Clinton email affair plays out.
See, I suspect that in the next month or two we will find out that the DOJ and the FBI were doing bad and illegal things with respect to Hillary Clinton and her email server, and that they illegally spied on the Trump campaign, and that it goes to the very top of the Obama administration. We have already seen several demotions and reassignments of the principals in this affair, culminating in the recent firing of FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe. I believe this is what they call "smoke" in respect of "no smoke without fire."
I dare say that from now until the mid-terms in November we are going to see a parade of revelations on the subvention of the Department of Justice and the FBI to the political needs of Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party, and it ain't gonna be pretty.
So the question will be: do the voters care? Honestly, I don't know, but I would guess that the fabled #Resistance will get somewhat demoralized. That's the way politics works. You want your own partisans to be motivated, the other side's partisans to be demoralized, and the independents in the middle to be pleasantly surprised by your side and disgusted with the other side.
Now I expect that what the Trump people want for the mid-terms (and who knows what the official Republicans want) is to cry Jobs, Jobs, Jobs, trumpeting Trump's brilliant economic leadership, to demand we Build The Wall on immigration, and to demand that we Drain the Swamp on all the DOJ and FBI shenanigans.
What's not to like?
Meanwhile, I suspect, the Democratic cry on Russia Collusion is going to be getting a bit old in the tooth. Oh, and I wonder what happens if there is headline news on the Clinton Foundation and the Uranium One issue. Did you know that there is an ongoing investigation into this? Apparently, "FBI agents are interviewing people." Who knew?
Tonight I'm going to a Republican fundraiser for Dino Rossi who's running for WA-08 in November. I wonder if I'll learn anything about what the smart people think is going down this Fall? The Cook Political Report rates WA-08 as "Republican Toss-up."
No comments:
Post a Comment