Tomorrow, Friday, January 3, 2008, they will start counting the first votes in the 2008 presidential election. All the hype will start converting into Ws and Ls.
In the Republican race it seems that the most professional candidate, the guy who has spent the money and built the organization, and plotted the most detailed strategy—Mitt Romney—is challenged by two candidates without much of either.
In Iowa, Mike Huckabee has come to challenge Mitt Romney, but lacking money and organization has had to rely on stunts like announcing that he’s not going to run his negative ad. Now he’s off to Burbank, CA, to appear on the Tonight Show.
In New Hampshire John McCain has been working the local media and has come up in the polls.
Can stunts and media attention beat organization and ground game? We’ll soon know the answer.
My guess is that organization and strategy will win out and that after Iowa and New Hampshire Mitt Romney will be in pole position.
But what do I know? We should never forget the first rule of wisdom. It applies also to politics: Nobody knows nuttin’.
What about the Democrats? I’m not sure that I care. I don’t have a dog in that fight. But at least Democrats have a decent choice. They have a Lover in Obama, a Hater in Edwards, and a Clinton in Hillary!
No comments:
Post a Comment