Friday, June 15, 2007

Reid's "Incompetent" Gaffe

So Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told Joint Chiefs Chairman Peter Pace that he was incompetent, and then the lefty bloggers denied it. According to Michael Goldfarb, quoting a semi-lefty blogger, Reid said:

Pace is also a yes-man for the president and I told him to his face, I laid it out to him last time he came to see me, I told him what an incompetent man I thought he was.

It’s interesting how Reid illustrates the no-win situation of the US military where Democrats are concerned.  For doing what the president wants he’s a yes-man.  But imagine what would happen if Pace had actually rebelled against the president’s policy (particularly if the president were a Democrat).  Then we’d be hearing about the civilian control of the military and the danger of the military industrial complex. 

But really, the dispiriting thing is that Reid can go on like this until the cows come home and he’ll never  pay a price.

The rules are simple.  Democrats always get a pass.  You could look it up.  It’s in the constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment