So Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerburg had no idea that his election integrity official used to work for Joe Biden. And @jack says that the NY Post can repost its bombshell article about Biden's corruption, but first it has to delete the old one. And none of the social media CEOs had any idea that they are stuffed with lefties.
Well, maybe everything they say has been carefully vetted by the company lawyers. So really who cares what they said? It's all a charade. As I said at American Thinker a week ago, they are all fools and knaves. I suppose that, 1) they think, like all in the educated Gentry, that they are doing God's work in throttling the dumb bunny "far-right," or 2) that prudence requires that they keep their Democratic friends happy.
And at a superficial level, at a tactical level, they are probably right. The Dems and the left are the ruling class and since whenever, the commercial class has needed to keep in good with the ruling class.
At a deeper level, a strategic level, they should really be thinking around the next corner and realizing that going along to get along with the Dems and the left is not going to be good, not for Big Tech and not for the society at large.
Actually I can see a point for social media to protect ordinary citizens from egregious hate and slanderous posts. But, I would say, public figures should be open season.
And hey, there is a good reason why that policy would work. Ordinary private people do not have the resources to protect themselves. But any public figure that's in the arena does have the resources.
Ordinary private people are probably more at risk from being fired from work or shamed by libelous social media posts. But public figures have signed up for abuse.
And yet lefty groups all the time are posting hateful things and everybody seems to shrug. But if the NY Post posts an article about the corruption of a presidential candidate, apparently that is a bridge too far.
Really @jack and Zuck? Don't you think that a presidential candidate can take care of himself without you chaps rushing in to protect him? I mean, if the guy is innocent he can range the big guns of the mainstream media, wheel to wheel, and set off an artillery barrage that would make World War I look like a mere fireworks display.
So I think that the tech moguls are fools and knaves. They are doing what seems to them to be the safe thing, but I suspect that they will be disabused of this in due course.
Don't say I didn't warn you chappies.
But I tell you what shocks me. That the tech lords didn't see the danger in the Trump Car Parades. Good lord chaps: how could you let the deplorables conspire together in their hateful mulitudes to fry the Earth with their hateful and planet destroying Car Parades? Are you dumb or something?
Well, I think it is too late now. The Trump Car Parades have become a Thing, and every Tom Dick and Harry is trying to organize his own parade all across the fruited plain. The thing about Trump Car Parades is that they are social, and humans are social animals. Scott Adams this morning was listing all the ways in which the Trump campaign was firing on all cylinders, doing exactly what a campaign needed to do to get people excited and persuade them to get out and vote.
Maybe Adams is right, and maybe he ain't. Hey, maybe the Dems are playing a deeper game that we think and put Biden in because they didn't want to get blown away in a landslide if Bernie Sanders was nominated.
I guess, for me, with all the sound and fury of the last week before the election, I just want the ruling class and its educated Gentry to be dealt a sharp blow in the pit of the stomach. Just something sharp enough to persuade them all to go back to their mansions and think, wow, maybe we need to rethink this.
Maybe we tech lords ought to think more deeply about who our friends are. Maybe we Democrats need to think about how we got to the point last spring where it looked like far-left Bernie was going to drive the party into the ditch. Maybe we educated Gentry ought to think a bit about how our scorn for the deplorables and white supremacists is exactly the hate that is supposed to have no home in our front yards.
But, the way of the world is that people don't pay attention until someone hits them in the head with a two-by-four. And we ain't there yet.
Pity really, because I think that the future is so bright you gotta wear shades -- after the rule of the educated Gentry for the last century or so gets sharply reduced.
No comments:
Post a Comment