Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The Wrong Turn -- Script

Hello, I'm Chris Chantrill. Let's talk about why I think that the left -- and indeed most of our educated elite -- has taken a Wrong Turn.

If I am right that we modern humans can best be understood as Three Peoples -- Creatives, Responsibles, and Subordinates -- each with its own understanding of the Meaning of Life, and if I am right that it is right and proper for each of these Three Peoples to live according to the light of their religion, then what about the left's moral narrative, of "oppressed peoples, allies, and white oppressors?"

In the left's narrative, the oppressed peoples are oppressed by the white oppressors and it is the sacred duty, the calling of the allies, to smash the white oppressors and redeem the oppressed peoples from their bondage.

Notice the basic assumption that the allies have the whole world figured out. There are oppressed peoples and they want to be liberated. There are white oppressors and they ought to be smashed. And the allies. These noble people have no purpose other than to redeem and liberate the oppressed peoples.

Not.

Do you see the problem? The ally narrative interprets the whole human world as a cheap morality play, with the hero and the ingenue and the villain already determined. How do you know, allies? Are you sure? This is real life, not cheap entertainment.

How do the oppressed peoples want to live their lives? Did the allies ever ask them?

Whatabout the white oppressors? After they have been properly stripped of their evil powers, how do they get to live?

And what exactly is the angle of the allies -- after they have set the world to rights and there is no more need for politics and power?

I say that the world view of the educated elite -- the allies, the evolved people -- is a cramped and narrow view of life by, for, and all about the educated elite, and shut up you peasants.

And I call it a Wrong Turn.




No comments:

Post a Comment