Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Of Course I'm a Homophobe. How About You?

The third worst thing in the world is to be called a homophobe. Or maybe it is the first worst thing. Because the gay mafia is really better at the "cancel" culture than the race mafia.

And I have to say that, thinking about this post over the past day, I thought: Hmm. This is the one that could get me into trouble. Except, of course, that I am nobody, and nobody cares what Chris Chantrill thinks or writes.

Of course, I would say, today, that anyone that is not a homophobe is a fool. Phobia -- or φοβία -- is Greek for fear. But in English, according to Google, it is "an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something." Presumably that is the meaning that Freud came up with. So "homophobia" means an extreme or irrational feat or aversion to homosexuals.

Hmm. Again, I'd say that anyone that wasn't really afraid of homosexuals is a fool. Because the gay mafia -- pace the trans mafia -- is a very powerful political weapon that can put you out of a job in 15 minutes flat.

So yeah, I'm a homophobe. Anyone who is anyone ought to be afraid of the gay mafia. But what about homosexuals as individuals and homosexuality in general?

First of all, my experience with homosexuality.

I went to an English public school, and there was a lot of what the Brits would call "wanking" going on. But when I went to university I decided that I'd better stay on the hetero side. My reason? Well, back in those days the left was pretty hard on gays because, they said, homosexuality was all about upper-class "poofters." Better keep my nails clean, I thought.

But then I applied to enter the University Air Squadron at my university. And the officer conducting my physical decided, after I had failed the color pattern test, to check my color vision by having me look at a light source and call the color. So I got in to train as a pilot even though I am color blind. This same officer became my flight instructor, and one day, in the air, asked me if I had ever thought about homosexuality. No, I replied, I hadn't. So he proposed that there was no need to tell anyone about the conversation. So what did I do? I did nothing except continue my flight training.

Here's the thing. If that gay guy hadn't fixed my physical I would never have done flight training at the university, and I consider my flight training in the University Air Squadron one of the more meaningful and satisfying experiences of my life.

So the question for me is: should society gently condone the fact of homosexuals and other non-hetero folk in our society? Should society name and shame and shun them? Or should homosexuality be institutionalized with, e.g., gay marriage?

Let's turn to my pal Fritzi for advice. He observes, in The Will to Power, that Christianity rather overdoes it on the morality front. For Nietzsche, moral rules should be regarded more as common sense than divine commandments. Which is fine, except, as others point out, it is much more effective to propose that God knows everything, and will judge you at the last trump, than to leave the moral ordering of society to earthly moral arbiters like policemen and judges, and God forbid, politicians.

So I would suggest that it is probably best if young people are taught to avoid homosexuality.

Because?

Because of all kinds of practical reasons, starting with the basic function of sexuality, to put the next generation on the ground.

Because it is not true that, hey, you can choose your sexual preference, because human rights, and everybody should be who they want to be. The fact is that if you depart from the main road of life in which you fall in love with a young person of the opposite sex, get married, have kids, and then after 20 years realize that the meaning of life is grandchildren, you are much more likely to end up in the bushes or the wilderness. That is the point of moral rules and cultural guidelines. They are guard rails to point you in the direction that will, hopefully, keep you out of the ditch.

The fact is that kids today are being taught that non-hetero lifestyle is normal, is cool, is exciting. Er, not really. In fact, per Nietzsche, getting off the main road of life is hard to become an Übermensch is challenging, and requires enormous fortitude. Ir is not for the faint of heart.

On Nietzsche's reckoning, to be one of "we free spirits" is the whole point of life. It is creative, but it is hard. Any creative life is hard. And I agree with him.

But that is not how gay activists present the case. For them, it is all explainable in the leftist matrix of oppressors vs. helpless victims. Gays are helpless victims and must be rescued from the homophobic oppressors by law, by diversity and inclusion administrators, and by gay activists.

Sorry Charlie. Like everything to do with the left, this is a lie, including "and" and "the." If you choose to leave the main road of life you will need enormous reserves of courage and energy and fortitude, whatever the law, whatever the D&I administrators, whatever the power of gay activists.

And on top of everything, we have the problem that once the activists get their Civil Rights law or their gay marriage, they don't go home. That's because their identity is their life as an activist. And activists must go out there peacefully protesting every day, otherwise where is the meaning of life?

And there is the peculiar nature of activism that, when you are fighting for your rights, you must act the role of the helpless victim that is just asking for justice. But after you have achieved your goal your meek activist turns into an avenging angel, dispensing justice with fire and sword. What's that all about?

So yeah. Call me a homophobe. I don't care. Because all the vile accusations flying around are merely the crude attempts of political activists to divide people and conquer them. But accusations only work when we cringe. If we do not cringe, then the accusation starts to lose its power.

OK, OK. It's easy for me to say that, because I don't earn my living in the public square: I can't be "canceled."

But right now the accusation of homophobia is an accusation that can hurt your career big time. You cannot say: No I'm Not! Because that won't fly with the safe-space girls in HR.

So really, the only thing to do is to own it. Yes. I'm a homophobe. Because my job as the adult in the room is let the kids know that if you choose live as LGBT you better look before you leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment