Up until a month or two ago, I had no idea about the modern world, that you are nobody unless you have AirPods, those skinny white Bluetooth earbuds from Apple that seem to cost about $139.99 on Amazon. And that say so much about you and your impeccable taste.
As opposed to earbuds for ordinary mortals that seem to range from $19.99 to $49.99. Really! I had no idea.
And then yesterday I was driving in Seattle's yeasty Capitol Hill, where all the gays and lesbians hang out -- and the millennial wannabees wearing artistical black. And there was this guy, wearing an artistical black tee-shirt with "Equality." in big letters across the front.
And guess what! This young man, mad for Equality, was wearing AirPods. (Or maybe he was wearing fake AirPods. You never know.)
I almost rolled down the window to shout "Hey, pal. AirPods have nothing to do with Equality."
Now I like to say to all my liberal friends that Only Use Apple, that I know my place, and that Apple is Not for the Likes of Me.
Because the whole point of Apple, whether iPhones or MacBook Airs -- which have those discreet illuminated Apple logos on the back -- or Apple TV, is that You Can't Afford It.
$1,000 for an iPhone? How about $200 for my Moto 6?
$1,000 for a MacBook Air? How about $139.99 for my Dell Chromebook?
$200 for an Apple TV? How about Amazon's Fire Stick which was $50 and has just dropped to $27 "which is completely unheard of."
$1,000 for an iMac? How about $115 for a refurbished Windows PC?
And now some babe has written a girly article in The Atlantic about "Airpods and the Case for Constant Wear" in case some guy ejaculates in front of you on the subway. It seems that the white Beckies are using their AirPods to avoid interacting with the POCs. Who Knew?
I know. My thought exactly. Talk about White Privilege, darling. You Beckies have No Idea. None.
But the most delicious thing is that these liberal snobs have No Idea what utter snobs and shallow conventional-wisdom repeater stations they are. They think they are the Special People on the cutting edge. Why, all the best people think like them.
Really, all this is good. It shows that our liberals friends have No Idea.
But we already knew that.
Hmm. I just checked on the Apple site. AirPods are $159 with the regular charging case and $199 with the wireless charging case. Who knew?
OK, I know. There is such a thing as Reverse Snobbery. To tell the world that you are not one of the Special People that wear all the right brands, but an even more Special Person that takes care not to wear all the right brands..
But that is another story.
As opposed to earbuds for ordinary mortals that seem to range from $19.99 to $49.99. Really! I had no idea.
And then yesterday I was driving in Seattle's yeasty Capitol Hill, where all the gays and lesbians hang out -- and the millennial wannabees wearing artistical black. And there was this guy, wearing an artistical black tee-shirt with "Equality." in big letters across the front.
And guess what! This young man, mad for Equality, was wearing AirPods. (Or maybe he was wearing fake AirPods. You never know.)
I almost rolled down the window to shout "Hey, pal. AirPods have nothing to do with Equality."
Because the whole point of Apple, whether iPhones or MacBook Airs -- which have those discreet illuminated Apple logos on the back -- or Apple TV, is that You Can't Afford It.
$1,000 for an iPhone? How about $200 for my Moto 6?
$1,000 for a MacBook Air? How about $139.99 for my Dell Chromebook?
$200 for an Apple TV? How about Amazon's Fire Stick which was $50 and has just dropped to $27 "which is completely unheard of."
$1,000 for an iMac? How about $115 for a refurbished Windows PC?
And now some babe has written a girly article in The Atlantic about "Airpods and the Case for Constant Wear" in case some guy ejaculates in front of you on the subway. It seems that the white Beckies are using their AirPods to avoid interacting with the POCs. Who Knew?
I know. My thought exactly. Talk about White Privilege, darling. You Beckies have No Idea. None.
But the most delicious thing is that these liberal snobs have No Idea what utter snobs and shallow conventional-wisdom repeater stations they are. They think they are the Special People on the cutting edge. Why, all the best people think like them.
Really, all this is good. It shows that our liberals friends have No Idea.
But we already knew that.
Hmm. I just checked on the Apple site. AirPods are $159 with the regular charging case and $199 with the wireless charging case. Who knew?
OK, I know. There is such a thing as Reverse Snobbery. To tell the world that you are not one of the Special People that wear all the right brands, but an even more Special Person that takes care not to wear all the right brands..
But that is another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment