Remember Cyrus? He was the right-wing nut who wrote the script as a deliberate right-wing plot to discredit the Clintons.
After all the effort we put into the script, he writes, it would have been nice if the critics had done a bit of due diligence. (In your dreams, pal!)
Much was made of his association with Rush Limbaugh (he’s met him twice) while ignoring his association with Olvier Stone. After all, if he wrote a script criticizing the Clintons he must be on the other side, right?
In July a reporter asked if I had ever been ethnically profiled. I happily replied, "No." I can no longer say that. The L.A. Times, for one, characterized me by race, religion, ethnicity, country-of-origin and political leanings--wrongly on four of five counts. To them I was an Iranian-American politically conservative Muslim. It is perhaps irrelevant in our brave new world of journalism that I was born in Boulder, Colo. I am not a Muslim or practitioner of any religion, nor am I a political conservative. What am I? I am, most devoutly, an American. I asked the reporter if this kind of labeling was a new policy for the paper. He had no response.
There’s a concept for you: a devout American.
And the thing is: What was all the fuss about? Do the Democrats really think they can get us to forget that they were asleep at the switch in the 1990s, along with everyone else?
I guess they really think that they can spin anything. And maybe they are right. We still think, thanks to liberal Whig history, that FDR saved the nation in the Great Depression. Only a few people think that FDR kept the nation mired in misery for ten long years because of stupid economic policy.
But with the end of the liberal media monopoly the job is a lot more difficult than it used to be.
Despite intense political pressure to pull the film right up until airtime, Disney/ABC stood tall and refused to give in. For this--for not buckling to threats from Democratic senators threatening to revoke ABC station licenses--Disney CEO Rober Iger and ABC executives deserve every commendation.
Yeah, let’s hear it for Disney. They took the punches and the political pressure but still put the show on. That takes a lot of courage.
No comments:
Post a Comment